Conversion rate optimization is the art and science of improving the conversion rate by clearing all obstacles in the conversion process and providing a great user experience. It focuses on the topics like easy navigation, clear call of action, benefits oriented headlines and content, building credibility by design & e-seals to convert visitors into customers.
It also involves experimenting with website design, layout, headline, content and images present on the website and tracking effective conversion rate for each experiment. This process is widely known as multivariate testing.
If you find it difficult to understand then in simple words CRO means finding out why visitors aren’t converting and fixing it.
Why do we need CRO ? What for ?
Conversion rate optimization can help your digital marketing plan to perform better and increase your ROI that means with the same marketing budget you can generate more business. It also fixes most of the issues faced by the potential customer during conversion process and provides hassle free experience that means more happy customers. There are much more benefits of CRO, some of them are as given below:
- Increase in stickiness factor i.e. increase in time spend on website and reduce in bounce rate
- Boost in registered users for the website
- Increase in content subscriber viz. sign-ups for newsletter, RSS feeds etc.
- The generation of more leads for your sales team
- Great user experience results in more satisfied and loyal customers
- Reduction of customer acquisition costs
- Increase in ROI, hence more profit, more money to spend
So, if you found CRO a good channel to explore then you must read the other two articles of this series viz. Important Factors in Conversion Rate Optimization and CRO: The process to success.