29 March 2014
10 signs you are addicted to WhatsApp!
Come on, let’s admit, we spend more time on WhatsApp in a day than we actually spend in front of our computer screens at work or home. Chatting, exchanging texts, forwarding images, sharing jokes and sometimes, just teasing each other with non-sense talks, that’s what most of us all day long.
But are you addicted to it like REALLY? Read these 10 signs and tick mark on what suits you and then decide how much WhatsApp has affected your life and are you close to addiction!
1. If you cannot resist the urge to pick up your phone and check the message each time your WhatsApp rings, you certainly are addicted to it, so much so that even if you are sitting in middle of something really important, you would make a point to check the new message first. Seems all urgent conversations are done through this platform only!
2. Checking your WhatsApp for any new messages each time you get up in middle of the might is a clear sign that you have surrendered your life to it. Also, if WhatsApp is the first thing on your mind in the morning after you wake up and at night before you sleep, you are in no better situation.
3. Checking ‘last online’ of friends in your contact list is something that is just uncalled for, yet majority of us do it, irrespective. If someone has to message you, they will. By checking the last time they were online on WhatsApp won’t make you get a ping from them instantly. So why bother so much?
4. Frequently checking your friends’ profile pictures on WhatsApp is nothing but a clear indication of you being inquisitive about your friends and fancy lives they are leading, which is reflected through their display pictures. Not just this. Once you have seen the pic, you definitely want to compliment them by sending them a quick text. Ah, wasn’t Facebook not enough for this?
5. Changing your status and display pictures on WhatsApp almost every second day is a clear sign that you are addicted and cannot survive with it. It is like you have to announce it to the whole world whatever you are doing and honestly, there’s nothing bad about it. Just that you tend o take it a bit too seriously, at times.
6. You are addicted to WhatsApp if you have a habit of continuously checking your phone again and again after you have sent someone a message and haven’t received a reply from them for a few minutes. Is waiting really that tough? Strange we don’t even want to give a benefit of doubt to that person, who might genuinely be busy.
7. If you love to forward all jokes – text and images – with your entire contact list through Broadcast message, well, you are definitely addicted. Even if the other person never acknowledges any of your forwarded messages, you still would continue with your broadcasting.
8. Keeping a tab on everyone’s status updates on WhatsApp is another indication that you have all the time in the world to know what is happening in others’ life and what is going on in their mind. Someone, we do tend to judge the person on the basis of what they have posted as their status on WhatsApp and if not this, then take the sarcasm as if it was intended for us.
9. If you pick up fights or arguments with your friends for a reason that despite being online on WhatsApp, they didn’t respond to your message or didn’t ping you, clearly you have given your life to it. Understand it only leads to more confusions and misunderstanding.
10. Driving, eating, sleeping, working or whatever you are doing, if you reply to a WhatsApp message as soon as you receive it, it clearly shows you are addicted to the medium. Even if that means disturbing your sleep, or taking the risk while driving or getting distracted while work, you don’t really bother.
Posted by Shad ansari on March 29, 2014