Brief Company Profile
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPMorgan Chase), incorporated on October 28, 1968, is a financial holding company. The Company is a global financial services firm and a banking institution in the United States, with global operations. The Company is engaged in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. JPMorgan Chase’s principal bank subsidiaries are JPMorgan Chase Bank, National Association (JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.), a national bank with the United States branches in 23 states, and Chase Bank USA, National Association (Chase Bank USA, N.A.), a national bank that is the Company’s credit card-issuing bank. JPMorgan Chase’s non-bank subsidiary is J.P. Morgan Securities LLC (JPMorgan Securities), the Company’s the United States investment banking firm. The bank and non-bank subsidiaries of JPMorgan Chase operate nationally, as well as through overseas branches and subsidiaries, representative offices and subsidiary foreign banks. One of the Company’s principal operating subsidiaries in the United Kingdom is J.P. Morgan Securities plc., a subsidiary of JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. JPMorgan Chase’s activities are organized into four business segments, as well as Corporate/Private Equity. The Company’s consumer business is the Consumer & Community Banking segment. The Company’s wholesale businesses consists of Corporate & Investment Bank, Commercial Banking, and Asset Management segments.
Following are the major lines of business:
“At JPMorgan Chase, we want to be the best financial services company in the world. Because of our great heritage and excellent platform, we believe this is within our reach."
To provide unparalleled service to our clients by empowering them with strong analytical insights that enable them to more effectively manage their human assets.
Our values are reflected in the way that we conduct our business and in the first-class results that we consistently achieve for our clients.
- We perform to the highest standards for our clients and our shareholders.
- We employ people who work in partnership to ensure that our clients are able to fully realize the benefits of our broad global platform.
- We are proud of the strong and open culture that exists within our firm. Our employees are able to deliver candid and constructive feedback to their colleagues.
- We believe employees should reach their full potential, advance and be rewarded based on merit, capability and character.
- We do our best to manage and operate our company with a consistent set of business principles. We believe that shareholders will benefit as we do the right thing for our clients and the communities we serve.
- Finally, we treat all of our colleagues with respect. We strongly believe that different perspectives and experiences bring strength and creativity to our work and lead to the development of the best solutions for our clients.
· Outlook magazine