|Customers - Don't control me, I'm SMART|
Today customer wants to control everything rather than them to be controlled. As a buyer who doesn't get tired of receiving cold calls, T.V commercials i.e Push-Style Marketing. A bill board interrupts drivers irrespective of its mind blowing creativity and capability to grab customer's attention. Investments in such ads are huge but survival duration is too low.
The web is no more optional now. Similarly the content that reaches to customers is also not optional. Web has totally changed the rule of marketing and WHY NOT? IAMAI- KPMG report says India is expected to have 236 million mobile internet users by 2016. It further projects that mobile internet user base will reach 314 million by 2017. With more than 300 million internet users, India has second largest internet user base in the world.
Whether its B2B or B2C the tech savvy, the smarter consumer is moving towards the internet for each and every detailed information. It doesn't matter whether a hairpin or a real estate product is being sold via the content, the moment they don't like the content, they either delete or unsubscribe.
CONTENT-MARKETING definition says "Content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distribution valuable, relevant and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly defined audience and ultimately to drive profitable customer-action".
Content-marketing provides media-type contents in exchange to customer's attention, permission to market a product to them, customer's valuable time. Various types of contents are:
1. Blog Post: Articles posted on your blog that speaks topics related to product, your company or areas of subject matter expertise.
2. Videos: A short video related to industries, product, services or it can also be used as a quick tip sharing, process related and a product demonstration.
3. Ebooks, guides, whitepapers: An electronic document to educate audience. Generally its more visual with graphs and charts.
4. Webinar/Podcast: It’s a virtual seminar using webinar software tools such as Go To Webinar or WebEx. Podcast are similar but its audio only.
5. Emails/Newsletters: It can be used to promote webinar, ebook, announce new case study, etc.
6. Infographics/Images: Generally visually stimulating images containing graph and statistics. It can be used to communicates trends and share research results.
Customers have either free access or paid to these contents that possess value.
Building Foundation for Content Marketing
Content-Marketing is a pull Strategy as opposed to a push Strategy. Our prospects and customers are not interested in our vision, mission statements or accolades; they just care about their needs, interests and businesses. The share-worthy information, relevant, valuable, educational content keeps audience-engaged. The foremost opportunity with content-marketing is that you get to show what you think. You have a tool to consistently connect with your customer by writing informative blog articles and sharing industry news. Your content should be so magnetic that it should always create a smart and loyal customers. Content-Marketing doesn’t help in creating lead but it nurtures a lead. It has the ability to keep audience engaged throughout the buying cycle. Content-Marketing’s work does not end at the point of sale. Your content should cover each of these stages showing your expertise and adding value to the relationship.
- For Entrepreneurs
- Media & Press