- Emergence of new mobile Oss like Ubuntu is said to launch its mobile OS and Mozilla will be launching another smartphone OS later this year.
- With the rise of Smartphone utility, businesses have made mobile ads as their core business branding and marketing strategy by offering special discounts, mobile coupons, etc. with targeted advertising. This trend will further grow in 2013 with retailers looking at new ways to attract and retain customers.
- Social media integration also assists in converting prospects to leads.
- Consumers are increasingly & more commonly using smartphones to access local information such as restaurant searches, ATMs, Fuel stations etc. This trend will continue to expand to other services as well.
- Most of the devices have a GPS transmitter and can track where users are when they post online. This offers huge opportunity for targeted marketing based on their travel and location patterns.
12 September 2013
Mobile Trends 2013
Mobile continues to be a key and growing strategy for many companies as browsing information, shopping and networking all go mobile. The growing percentage of internet traffic from various devices by itself should be convincing for marketers to increase their mobile marketing budget. As the technology becomes more and more advanced,
The marketing expression has changed with the introduction of innovative digital marketing techniques. With great presence of smartphone utility businesses have made smartphones & tablets as their core business branding and marketing strategy.
People are increasingly choosing to surf the web, not with a laptop or desktop, but via their smartphones or tablets, or both. Consumers are spending more media time on mobile web and apps than any other traditional mediums. This signifies that brands have to embrace mobile & 2013 will see more smartphones and more tablets with exciting innovations.
As mentioned in the statistics of 2013 edition of the TomiAhonen Almanac, the revenue generated by mobile industry in 2012 was more than $1000 billion alone from the services like voice calls, messaging and data services. These statistics show that mobile industry has become one of the largest revenue generating industries.
With an optimistic eye towards the future, here are few key mobile trends for marketers to grab opportunities in the coming year:
We are shifting to a mobile first world i.e. always connected and never before have advertisers been this close to so many consumers who reach for their mobile device first and last order of the day – we sleep with our phones close by, and keep them on and in our pockets throughout the day, 7 days a week.
2013 is time to test and learn and to embrace mobile strategies throughout the purchase funnel. Target, engage, showroom, drive action, convert, improve, repeat!
Engagement of mass to their smart phones especially teenagers: http://ijustdid.org/2013/09/understanding-the-millenials/#!