14 November 2013
This article is about how to enhance your online branding. It provides you with with some information as to how to start, what you need and how you can get your online branding working for you. There are many ways to do so. Some are common strategies that you may find are expensive such as SEO (Search Engine Optimization), PPC (Pay Per Click Advertising), Direct Mail Campaigns and so forth. Following are the steps –
1. Branding - Branding is all about TRUST. Consumers, businesses, people will look at your branding, read your content and search for you on the search engines. Ultimately if they recognize you, read testimonials or have heard of you by Word of Mouth, they will trust you, your products and services.
2. Online Presence - An online presence is one of the strongest attributes of your brand and it’s well advised that one gets started with their online branding sooner than later as just like with its offline counterpart, mind share in branding waits for no one. Online is a great way of gaining the right attention, providing credibility on the world wide web and finding the best possible ways to enhance your online branding.
3. Your Website - Having a website to start off with is the first step and equally having a website that is branded correctly, easy to navigate, logical flow of information, juicy content, profile and site map are just some of things that are needed. Remember your website is the face of your business. It represents who you are and what you are about. It needs to look presentable, clean, informative and sticky.
4. Deceide -
· What is the purpose of your website?
· Do I plan to sell products/services online ?
· Do I need brochure or catalog for people to download and print?
5. Start your own blog - This is a great tool that can compliment your online branding efforts. Blogs are great to write extra content about ideas, thoughts, strategies, powerful tools that may have that people would be interested in and any other related business factors that you can contribute to. Blogs provide a great platform for you to engage with your customers online (New and Potential) and connect/inspire your readers with great information.
6. Build your Online Brand - Get to know your target market. Understand who they are, what they like/dislike, what are they searching for, needing, wanting. Set up your website with the target market in mind. Keep your communication consistent in content, message and tone to minimize confusing your customers.