With new social networking platforms appearing from behind every corner, it can be hard to know exactly where to commit your time and resources. It’s important to look ahead to where social networking is going, and how we can get on board. Here are some of the trends
1. Investment in Social Medial will become necessity, not a Luxury – Social Media is one of the main pillars of SEO. Businesses are already coming to terms with the need to integrate their social media efforts with their content strategy, and are seeing the impact of social media in terms of lead generation, referral traffic, and revenue.
· Company Branding
· Improved brand awareness
· Word-of-mouth advertising
· Customer loyalty and trust
· Audience reach
2. Google+ will become major factor - With Google using the platform to collect personal information (think demographics, location, etc.), Google+ should no longer be thought of as ‘just’ another social network. It’s increasingly proving itself to be an integral part of Google’s grand scheme in terms of SEO, social signals and providing a more personalized search experience.
3. Image based Social Media Sites - Visual content will increasingly become a critical piece of any solid content strategy, and social networking site. Other image-based social media sites like Slideshare, Tumblr, Path, and Mobli will continue to grow, and businesses will need to become more mindful about the ‘sharability’ factor of photos on their websites and blogs in order to derive significant benefit from their social media content marketing efforts.Linkedin will play major role for B2B Business Growth - LinkedIn is positioning itself as not only another networking site, but as one of the largest sources of content creation and curation for professionals. As it grows and attracts even more users, the advantages of being “linked in” will become enormous for B2B marketers.