02 February 2014
WORLD CLASS MANUFACTURING
• World class manufacturing is a collection of concepts, which set standards for production and manufacturing for another organization to follow
CONCEPT OF WORLD CLASS MANUFACTURING :-
§ Japanese manufacturing is credited with pioneer in concept of world-class manufacturing.
§ World class manufacturing was introducing the automobile, electronic and steel industry.
World class manufacturing is a process driven approach where various techniques and philosophies are used in one combination or other . Some of the techniques are as follows:
• Make to order.
• Streamlined Flow.
• Smaller lot sizes.
• Collection of parts.
• Doing it right first time.
• Total preventive maintenance.
• Quick replacement.
• Zero Defects.
• Just in Time.
WHAT IS WORLD CLASS MANUFACTURING?
• Flexibility and control to satisfy customer on time and every time.
• Reduction of waste in manufacturing system
• Improved manufacturing function
• Managing through people, team for better quality.
• PRINCIPLES OF WCM :-
• There are three main principles, which drive world-class manufacturing.
• Implementation of just in time and lean management leads to reduction in wastage there by reduction in cost.
• Implementation of total quality management leads to reduction of defects and encourages zero tolerance towards defects.
• Implementation of total preventive maintenance leads to any stoppage of production through mechanical failure.
PARAMETERS THAT DEFINE WCM
• Cost effective.
9 STEPS IN WCM STRATEGY PLANNING PHASE:
l STEP 1-EXAMINES STRATEGIC POSITION WITH RESPECT TO INDUSTRY
l STEP 2 – SETTING UP PLANNING TEAM
l STEP 3 – ASSESSMENT OF MANUFACTURING CAPABILITIES IN TERMS OF PROCESSES AND RESOURCE CAPABILITIES
l STEP 4 – ASSESSING CAPABILITY OF COMPETITION
l STEP 5 – CREATING FUTURE PATH WHAT CAPABILITIES TECHNOLOGIES REQUIRED
l STEP 6 – SETTING MFG OBJECTIVES AND STRATEGY
l STEP 7 – DEVELOPING AN ACHIEVEMENT PLAN
l STEP 8 – GAINING TOP MGT COMMITMENT
l STEP 9 – CREATING IMPLEMENTATION PROGRAM
DESIRED OUTCOMES OF WORLD CLASS MANUFACTURING:
l Minimized inventories
l Minimized expenditure
l Maximized asset utilization
l Maximized throughput
l Maximized quality of products processes and services
l Minimized process and manufacturing wastes
l Minimized cycle time of processes
l Continual improvements in short term and long term metrics
Many of us are not sure about some words. Are you not sure about the meaning of “branding”? Don’t worry! Branding is one of those marketing...
The digital world has arrived. We invite you to learn what is required in the digital world. For this is something we all need to know to...
Social Media Marketing (SMM) has arrived. We need to make use of some key tools here. We bring information about these to you. 1# L...
Segmentation “Market Segmentation Is Subdividing Of Market Into Homogeneous Sub Set Of Customers Where Any Subset May Conceivably Be Sel...