30 March 2014
- Child labour is a business term which means to employ children at work below the age that has been demarcated by the government.
- "The child is the father of man." This famous line quoted by William Wordsworth refers to the importance of the child for the development of society as well as for the all-round development of the human race. We should never ignore the fact that child is the purest form of God. His innocence brings us closer to the almighty.
- Child labourers are exploited, exposed to hazardous work conditions and paid a pittance for their long hours of work. They belong to the unorganized labour force.
- Our government has laid down various guidelines to eradicate and finish the custom of child labour from the grass root level.
a. No child below the age of 14 years shall be employed to work in any hazardous employment
b. Childhood and youth are to be protected against exploitation and against moral and material abandonment.
c. The State shall endeavour to provide within a period of 10 year from the commencement of the Constitution free and compulsory education for all children until they have completed the age of 14 years.
- Due to poverty poor parents put their children to work in order to supplement the family's economic status. This compulsion forces the parents to forget that every child has his right to enjoy his childhood.
- There are more than 250million child labourers in our country.
By Anonymous at March 30, 2014