|Upendra Kumar Sinha||Chairman|
|Prashant Saran||Whole Time Member|
|Rajeev Kumar Agarwal||Whole Time Member|
|S Raman||Whole Time Member|
|Prakash Chandra||Joint Secretary, Ministry of Finance|
|V. K. Jairath magya||Member Appointed|
|Anand Sinha||Deputy Governor, Reserve Bank of India|
|Naved Masood||Secretary, Ministry of Corporate Affairs|
|Raje Kumar||Part Time Member|
|C. B. Bhave||18 February 2008||18 February 2011|
|M. Damodaran||18 February 2005||18 February 2008|
|G. N. Bajpai||20 February 2002||18 February 2005|
|D. R. Mehta||21 February 1995||20 February 2002|
|S. S. Nadkarni||17 January 1994||31 January 1995|
|G. V. Ramakrishna||24 August 1990||17 January 1994|
|Dr. S. A. Dave||12 April 1988||23 August 1990|
Functions and responsibilities
- the issuers of securities
- the investors
- the market intermediaries.
- to approve by−laws of stock exchanges.sebi
- to require the stock exchange to amend their by−laws.
- inspect the books of accounts and call for periodical returns from recognized stock exchanges.
- inspect the books of accounts of a financial intermediaries.
- compel certain companies to list their shares in one or more stock exchanges.
- registration brokers.
- Technical Advisory Committee
- Committee for review of structure of market infrastructure institutions
- Members of the Advisory Committee for the SEBI Investor Protection and Education Fund
- Takeover Regulations Advisory Committee
- Primary Market Advisory Committee (PMAC)
- Secondary Market Advisory Committee (SMAC)
- Mutual Fund Advisory Committee
- Corporate Bonds & Securitization Advisory Committee