|Image source : netbase.com|
- Brand mentions (with or without direct tagging, aka @mention)
- Relevant hashtags
- Mentions of our competitors
- General trends that apply to our industry.
- This helps us track key social metrics like brand awareness and social share of voice. We can also use this nformation to test messaging and measure ROI.
- Once we begin collecting this valuable data, we can use it to look for trends and insights.
- We can also take action based on our findings. With this, we have moved on from the simple task of social media monitoring into the more complex work of social listening.
- Brand name
- Brand handles
- Product name(s)
- Names of key people and spokespeople
- Branded hashtags
- Competitors’ brand names, product names, slogans, hashtags, and handles
- Unbranded industry hashtags
- Industry keywords
With so many tools and options, it is up to us to be successful in social media monitoring and know our customers, both current and potential, better.